How to add elements, images, videos and other resources to a tile?
Types of media blocks
There are many different types of media blocks that can be added to xTiles tiles. Here's a complete list of media content types.
- Images: Upload an image or add an image to your page;
- Video: Embed from YouTube;
- Audio: Upload your own recording;
- File: Upload any file to the page to save it right where you need it;
- Code: Add a code block in any language with formatting;
- Web bookmark: Add a preview of a URL to your page that can be clicked;
- Color: Add a color code to the block to be saved;
- Divider: Creates a thin gray line to separate text. Combination of keys "---" from an empty block.
You can embed content from many programs directly into xTiles:
- Google Drive: Google Docs, Sheets, Presentations, etc., right on your xTiles page;
- Tweet: adds posts with videos to your page;
- CodePen: embeds code snippets from CodePen on your page;
- PDF: you can embed a link to a PDF file or upload it to display it fully on your page;
- Typeform: embeds a survey that people can fill out right in xTiles;
- Widgets: Pomodoro timer, weather, sliders, time display, forms, and more.
xTiles makes adding, resizing, and organizing images in any configuration easy.
- Click the "+" that appears to the left of an empty block when you hover over it. Select Image and press enter. Or type /image and press enter;
- Both will create an image block in your tile. Click to upload an image from your computer, insert an image from elsewhere using its URL, or add a photo from Unsplash;
- You can also drag and drop images into xTiles!
- You can replace an image with another one in the exact same size and position;
- Hover over the block and click on the block menu. Select Replace. A window will open where you can upload a new image from your computer or insert an image from elsewhere.
Save your files in xTiles to easily store and share them. Create a file block anywhere on your page that will prompt you to upload a file from your computer or use a link to embed a file in your tile.
- Click on the "+" that appears to the left of an empty block when you hover over it. Select File and press enter. Or type /file and press enter;
- A pop-up window will appear with Upload options. Select the desired file and click Open;
- You can also drag files onto the xTiles page from your desktop or computer folders. xTiles will upload and securely save it for future access and download;
- Some file types, such as PDF files, can be embedded directly in xTiles, providing a preview of their content.
Anywhere on your xTiles page, you can add a YouTube video by using an embed link. There are several ways to do this:
- Click on the "+" sign that appears on the left of an empty block when you hover over it. Select "YouTube" and press enter. Alternatively, you can type "/youtube" and press enter;
- In the menu that appears, select "Insert Link" and paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to embed, then press "Insert Video";
- As an alternative method, simply paste the YouTube video URL into an empty tile block.
Anywhere on your xTiles page, you can add audio in most formats:
- Click the + that appears to the left of an empty block when you hover over it. Select Audio. You can also type /audio and press enter;
- A pop-up window with upload options will appear. Select the desired file and click Open;
- The player will be created and ready to play the audio.
There are several ways to add a bookmark to your page:
- Click the + icon that appears to the left of an empty block when you hover over it. Select bookmark and press enter;
- Type /bookmark and press enter;
- Each method will prompt you to enter a URL. Press enter, and your bookmark will appear.
Join our community and stay tuned for product updates
Learn more about our plans and available features, visit the pricing page and choose the best option that fits your workflow.
Stay updated on xTiles product updates with the changelog.
Join the xTiles community on Slack and Discord instead visit the Youtube channel and xTiles blog, and follow us on social media to stay informed about the latest news, updates, and great content!
Join our community and stay tuned
for product updates
Check-out our roadmap
Upvote and submit feature requests