Base operations with canvas and types of blocks
- When creating the desired tile size on a page in xTiles, you need to select the necessary template.
- Here is an example set of templates for a typical tile size:
Templates for tiles:
- Titled note - a title and text block;
- Note - a text block without a title;
- Image - an image card, the uploaded image takes the size of the tile, and it is placed in it without indentation;
- Table - a card with a table; it makes a table with no indents of the standard size 3 by 3.
After applying the template to a tile, you can customize it whenever you like. For example, you can disable or enable the tile title, remove an image or add a new one, change the image size and position, add text and structure content in any way you want.
xTiles pages can contain much more than just text!Imagine every piece of content you add to a document, whether it's a text, an image, or a table. Each page is an infinite canvas with tiles and a bunch of blocks combined as you prefer.
Exploring the Command menu
- Press the " / " key on the keyboard when the focus is on a text block or on the 3 dots icon to see all the block types you can add. Note: the three dots are displayed on an empty new block when you hover over it.
Creating heading type Item
- You can also create a separate block of the header type.
Adding images from your device or Unsplash:
- To load images from your device, select "Image" in the new tile templates or the list of block types by "/" in the empty text box or by the 3 dots icon.
- In the menu, you have to click on "Select image" to download an image from your device or go to the Unsplash tab to load a picture from a collection or use the search.
- You can set the size and position concerning the tile for each image, YouTube video, or gif animation.
Creating a list
You can easily create your own "Checkbox", "Bullet -", or "Numbered list" by activating the block type menu with "/" or the 3 dots icon.
You can also use the keyboard shortcuts by typing them at the beginning of a new empty block:
- " [ " and " ] " should look like "" and pressing "Space" creates a "To-do list";
- " - " and pressing "Space" makes a "Bullet list";
- " 1. " and pressing "Space" creates a "Numbered list".
Adding a "Divider" block between any of the blocks.
To achieve this, call the menu by "/" or in the menu by 3 dots icon and select the block "Divider". Or, in an empty text block, add three dashes in a row "---". After that will automatically create a block of divider type.
Inserting External Links
You can attach links to third-party resources effortlessly.
To make the link, you need to copy it from your browser's address bar and paste it into the desired spot.
Once pasted, the link will be in the form of an informative card with an image, title, and the link itself.
You can easily edit and rename the link and enable/disable the attached image.
Moving a tile within a page
You can choose, move, and resize tiles on a canvas with ease.
To shift a tile, you just need to move the cursor to the top tile header until you see a "hand" cursor. Then press and hold the RMB (right mouse button) and pull where you want to place it. To drop the tile, you need to release the RMB.
Changing the size of tiles
Changing the size of a tile is elementary. You just need to put the cursor on any edge of the tile until it appears in the form of an arrow. Then, by holding down the RMB, you must pull in the desired direction. And to apply the tile size, you just have to release the RMB.
You cannot enlarge tiles above, to the right, and left if there are other tiles next to them. But you can increase the size of tiles below by pushing others below them.
Creating a tab
You can easily create a new tab in the document by clicking on the "+" icon. After this action, a new page will be created, and you will immediately be on a new tab with a choice of layouts.
Move items between tabs
You can move blocks between different tiles, tabs, and even pages.
You can move blocks in various ways:
- First, select a set of blocks. It can be done in the following steps:
- Hold down the RMB and pull on the desired blocks for selection;
- Hold down the "Ctrl" button and use the RMB to single-click on the necessary blocks;
- Putting the cursor in the desired block and then holding "Shift" put the cursor in the last required block. The result will be highlighting from the first block to the last one.
- Once the required blocks are selected, you can move them in several ways:
- Put the cursor on the menu icon of the selected blocks until the cursor appears as a "hand", press the RMB and move to the necessary spot.
If you want to move the objects to another available tab, you need to hover over the desired tab with the captured blocks. Then the tab will open, and you can move the captured blocks;
When the necessary blocks are selected, you should press the "Ctrl + X" key combination and place the cursor in the new desired spot. Then press "Ctrl + V" key combination. The result will be that the selected blocks will move to the new chosen position.
In this way, you can quickly transfer objects to other tabs and even pages.
Also, available to move and copy blocks using the block menu "Сopy to & move to".
Join our community and stay tuned
for product updates
Check-out our roadmap
Upvote and submit feature requests