Search, workspaces, and simple tables
xTiles provides an advanced search that helps you sort through your documents quickly and find the correct blocks. The search is global for all documents available to you.
To find objects, follow these steps:
- Tap the Search button;
- Enter a word to search for;
- You will see a list of results. The results will include tiles, blocks, tabs, and pages that contain the word you are searching for. Found blocks will be highlighted in yellow;
- Click on one of the search results, and you will be taken to the right page/tab containing the content you are looking for and highlight the block containing the word you are searching for.
Frequently asked questions:
How can I find a specific word on a page?
You can use a workaround if you work in a browser. Use the browser's built-in search. For example, in Chrome, you can hold down "Ctrl + F for Windows" and "Cmd + F for Mac".
Copying of selected elements and pasting on another page
You can move blocks between different pages.
To shift blocks, you first need to:
Highlight the many blocks you want. You can do this by:
- Holding down the "RMB" and pulling on the desired blocks to select only in the current tile;
- Holding down the "Ctrl / Command" key and using the "RMB" to single-click on the desired blocks, selecting blocks even in different tiles on the tab;
- Placing the cursor in the desired block, press "Shift" and put the cursor in the last block you need. The result will be a selection from the first to the last block;
- After placing the cursor in the desired block and holding "Shift", you can use the "Up/Down" keys to select block by block in the current tile.
Once the blocks you want are selected, you can move/copy them as follows:
- Press "Ctrl / Command+X (cut)" or "Ctrl / Command+C (copy)". Another option is to use the menu of any of the selected blocks. After you put the cursor in the new desired place of another page and press "Ctrl / Command + V (paste)", the result will be that the selected blocks will be moved, or a copy will be pasted into a new selected place of another document.
Renaming a page
You can rename a page in several ways at any time:
- When you are on the current page and click on the page's current title, you will see a page name Input/Edit box.
- After selecting " Rename " from the menu, the list of pages with three dots on the desired page card, after selecting "Rename" from the menu. When you choose this option, a window will open with a field to edit the page title. There will also appear buttons "Close" (will close and not save the changes) and "Rename" (will become active at any change and will keep the changes when clicked).
Creating a table
xTiles lets you structure all of your page content in a matter of seconds.
Create visual tables with text to organize your page content.
You can add a table to any of the tiles:
- Selecting an empty block and opening that block's "Turn into - table" menu. Or in the three dots menu, choose from the list the item Table;
- Calling in the created filled block, the menu through "/" and select the item Table in the list.
The table will be created with a default size of 3 by 3 cells. In this case, the header is the top 3 cells.In the table settings, you can:
- Change the table size to full tile or with indents;
- Header top row, on/off;
- Header columns on/off.
To add a new row or line or, on the contrary, delete:
- Click the RMB on the cell row or line that you want to delete or add a new row or line, and in the menu that opens, select the desired item.
- You can add a new row by moving the cursor to the last row. Clicking the button "+ click to add a new row" will add a new row at the bottom of the table.
Creating a new workspace
You can create your own workspaces. It is effortless to do so:
- Go to the "Personal pages" main screen;
- Click on the "Create new workspaces" button;
- Enter a name for your new workspace;
- Close, thereby canceling the creation, or create your new workspace.
You can change the picture for your workspace and the name anytime. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the workspace you want;
- Move your mouse cursor over it;
- Open the three dots menu and select "Setting".
When the modal window with your workspace settings opens:
- You can quickly load any picture from your device's desktop;
- You can change the title of your workspace and save your changes.
Dragging a document between workspaces
Move and copy your documents easily between your workspaces:
- Select the document you want;
- Left-click on the document card, drag it to the other workspace you want, and drop it;
- A dialog box will pop up with a choice of functions:
After selecting the desired operation, the document will be moved or copied to the selected workspace.
You cannot copy or move documents on the "Share Page", and you cannot move or copy documents to your workspaces from the "Share Page".
Remember that you can duplicate any public or accessible document in your workspaces.
Join our community and stay tuned
for product updates
Check-out our roadmap
Upvote and submit feature requests